No wonder the men are running scared and panicking about what’s in “that book“.
E.L. James erotic novel Fifty Shades of Grey just became the first novel to sell more than 1m copies for Kindle.
“James – whose real name is Erika Leonard – has had colossal sales for her erotic fiction books, with the paperback version of her debut achieving the UK’s highest weekly sale for a paperback.”
Not bad at all considering the trilogy was only released in March this year
Everyone is talking about it and you haven’t heard of it, where have you been this last month or so?
In fact, I think more men than women are talking about it….
Even Piers Morgan has got in on the act:
Also trying to read "50 Shades of Grey" – but it's making my eyes water.—
Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) June 27, 2012
And here are a few reviews from the Amazon website:
“Oh My! What a pile of discarded panties, 24 Jun 2012″
“Unintentionally hilarious!, 18 May 2012″
“Did a teenager write this???, April 15, 2012″
This review is my favourite:
“Not the worst I’ve ever read… No, wait. It IS., March 6, 2012″
“I downloaded the book to my Kindle because it was on the best seller list and had 4 stars overall rating on Amazon. I wish I’d taken the time to read some of the reviews. As it turns out I agree with the negative.
I found myself thinking “Twilight, plus some spanking, minus the sparkly vampires.” Here, I’ll save you all some time (SPOILER ALERT):
Once upon a time…
I’m Ana. I’m clumsy and naive. I like books. I dig this guy. He couldn’t possibly like me. He’s rich. I wonder if he’s gay? His eyes are gray. Super gray. Intensely gray. Intense AND gray. Serious and gray. Super gray. Dark and gray. [insert 100+ other ways to say "gray eyes" here]
I blush. I gasp. He touches me “down there.” I gasp again. He gasps. We both gasp. I blush some more. I gasp some more. I refer to my genitals as “down there” a few more times. I blush some more. Sorry, I mean I “flush” some more. I bite my lip. He gasps a lot more. More gasping. More blushing/flushing. More lip biting. Still more gasping.
If after all that you’re still tempted to either buy or even take a wee peek at “that book” you can do that right here.
My cool QR Code
My Blog Pages
- A Love of – Animals (34)
- A Love of – Music (23)
- A Love of – Travel (55)
- Beach Life (25)
- Captured on Google Earth (2)
- Cruising – photos and articles (19)
- Cyprus Explosion 11 July 2011 (17)
- Cyprus Life (213)
- Cyprus Weather (25)
- Diary Dates (38)
- Eating Out (37)
- Egypt – a place in our hearts. (22)
- Entertainment & Lifestyle (79)
- Four Legs & Fur (44)
- Funeral Music (2)
- I collect…… Do you? (5)
- I Want To Watch…. (29)
- It's All About #Stamps (23)
- Kindle Korner (48)
- Letters on Cyprus (11)
- Living with GERD (6)
- My Goodreads (22)
- My TV Favourites (3)
- News & Views (321)
- No more SPAM (4)
- Pictures – our holidays from Cyprus (14)
- Pictures – our life before Cyprus (10)
- Reading Matters (37)
- Ships In Port (18)
- Trumpet Royale Oyster Mushrooms (1)
- Walks with my Camera (7)
- Websites I Love (51)
Most Recent Posts
- Don’t be scared…. some of us are quite normal.
- Chic, Hot and Here!
- Still a great looking guy!
- The demise of Orphanides
- Traveling Abroad? EatWith Wants To Help You Break Bread With The Locals In Their Own Homes
- The Hotel of Kings, Prodromos, Cyprus. What happened?
- It’s 91 days since…..
- A place to sit and ponder.
- Almyra, Akamas and Sea Caves – Paphos
- My very first fruit smoothie
Cyprus with Babies!
Buy Cyprus Stamps
- 25/05 only: "Dispatcher" by Ryan David Jahn is £0.99 (76% off yesterday's price, terms apply) amzn.to/10eA8yb 18 hours ago
- 24/05 only: "An assortment of 10 books" up to £1.29 each (at least 72% off off yesterday's price, terms apply) amzn.to/10ezxNd 1 day ago
Creative Commons Licence
Is applicable to all my Flickr account photographs which are posted under the Username: CyprusPictures
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.