Robin Gibb – stayin’ alive?
With the most recent news that Robin Gibb of Bee Gees fame is showing signs of movement from his recent coma it got me to looking up some stuff on the internet (read YouTube for “internet”) for some good old fashioned music and footage of the Bee Gees.
Here are some great tracks with a couple of little twists at the end….
Saturday Night Fever – dance mix (long video but if like me you love this movie – you will watch it all the way through).
The Bee Gees – I’ve Gotta Get a Message to You
The Bee Gees – Massachusetts from 1967
Where it all started – Bee Gees first TV appearance. Australia 1960
Stayin’ Alive with a little twist….. mixed with a bit of Pink Floyd
And here’s another - Rita Hayworth dances to Stayin’ Alive
Let’s hope Robin can continue his fight with cancer. Along with thousands of other people I wish him well. After all, I’m a Lancashire Lass who spent a couple of years living on Peveril Crescent in Chorlton-cum-Hardy in the early part of the 1980′s before moving on to the next suburb of Withington – but that’s another story….
The Bee Gees went back to their childhood years in 2004 when they returned to Oakwood School in Chorlton, Manchester to open a recording studio in memory of their brother Maurice who died in 2003.
Thanks to The Sun, BBC News and Jim (Cyprus Living forum) for some info behind this post.
Tags: BBC News, Bee Gees, Bee Gees in Australia, classic dance movies, entertainment, first TV appearance, good old fashioned music, I've gotta get a message to you, Jim Cyprus Living forum, John Travolta, lancashire lass, Massachusetts, music video, oakwood school, Pink Floyd, Rita Hayworth, Robin Gibb, Saturday Night Fever, Stayin' Alive, The Sun newspaper, video
About cypruslifeinpicturesMy new life in Cyprus in images and words. I'm a British 50 something female, originally from Heywood in Lancashire and have been living in Limassol, Cyprus since March 2004. Although this is a blog about my life as an expat in Cyprus you will also find anything and everything else that takes my fancy whether it be in the news or on the internet. Enjoy!
My cool QR Code
My Blog Pages
- A Love of – Animals (36)
- A Love of – Music (23)
- A Love of – Travel (56)
- Beach Life (25)
- Captured on Google Earth (2)
- Cruising – photos and articles (20)
- Cyprus Explosion 11 July 2011 (17)
- Cyprus Life (217)
- Cyprus Weather (25)
- Diary Dates (38)
- Eating Out (37)
- Egypt – a place in our hearts. (22)
- Entertainment & Lifestyle (80)
- Four Legs & Fur (45)
- Funeral Music (2)
- I collect…… Do you? (5)
- I Want To Watch…. (29)
- It's All About #Stamps (23)
- Kindle Korner (48)
- Letters on Cyprus (11)
- Living with GERD (6)
- My Goodreads (22)
- My TV Favourites (3)
- News & Views (323)
- No more SPAM (4)
- Pictures – our holidays from Cyprus (14)
- Pictures – our life before Cyprus (10)
- Reading Matters (37)
- Ships In Port (18)
- Trumpet Royale Oyster Mushrooms (1)
- Walks with my Camera (7)
- Websites I Love (52)
Most Recent Posts
- After a record 25 hours in the port of Mersin, we are finally through!
- Welcome Home, Mum!
- Peaceful, Relaxing and a little Quirky – my traveller review on TripAdvisor
- Lanate – to you with Love :-(
- Don’t be scared…. some of us are quite normal.
- Chic, Hot and Here!
- Still a great looking guy!
- The demise of Orphanides
- Traveling Abroad? EatWith Wants To Help You Break Bread With The Locals In Their Own Homes
- The Hotel of Kings, Prodromos, Cyprus. What happened?
Cyprus with Babies!
Buy Cyprus Stamps
- #Romance #DailyDeal: "A Mother's Wish" by Debbie Macomber is £0.99 for today only. amzn.to/11ANsfI 20 hours ago
- #Kindle #DailyDeal: "Advent" by James Treadwell is £0.99 for today only. amzn.to/1446ka0 #fantasy 21 hours ago
Creative Commons Licence
Is applicable to all my Flickr account photographs which are posted under the Username: CyprusPictures
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.